The 2019 Altibox Norway Chess tournament took off on Monday with the traditional blitz tournament to determine the pairing numbers. The tournament was won by Maxime Vachier-Lagrave, while Alexander Grischuk stole the show at the press conference. The seventh edition of the annual elite tournament in Stavanger, Norway was opened on Monday with a cheerful press conference. The main focus there was on the new tournament format: Players who draw their game will play an Armageddon game right after, forcing...
Three rounds have been played at the women's candidates' tournament in Kazan, Russia. Enjoying their first rest day, Aleksandra Goryachkina (Russia) and Nana Dzagnidze (Georgia) lead with 2.5/3. It might have taken approximately 20 years and a FIDE metamorphosis to reinstate the women's candidates' tournament to its former glory, but as the Tartars say, "Соң булса да, уң булсын" or as it is commonly known in English: better late than never. And that is why in the sports city of Kazan, eight of the...
1 200 HCM O-Riser Pro f970eyfyr91823-Gundam
1 200 HCM O-Riser Pro f970eyfyr91823-Gundam
- 1 35 Pz.kpfw.V Panther Ausf.G Last Production ACADEMY MODEL HOBBY KITS
- 5 Güterwagen Kippwagen u.a. Minitrix 3286 3287 13664 13699 OVP
- ATLAS 40000354 N Scale C420 D&H 214 Delaware & Hudson +DCC C-10 Mint Brand New
- Hasbro Transformers Pretender Submarauder G1 Action Figure 1988
- Marvel Avengers - Metal Earth Iron Man Mark 6 Miniature 3D Metal DIY Model Kits
- Smurfs Frankenstein Halloween 20546 Figure Germany Vintage Toy Figurine
- 1 x NM Diabolic Intent - Foil B3 Amonkhet Invocations MPS MTG Magic
- FUNKO POP GENOS 258 ONE PUNCH MAN FIGURINE 9 CM MANGA ANIME STATUE SAITAMA
- Citroen 2CV Charleston 1981 yellow-black 1 43 Vitesse neu & OVP
- LIONEL TRAIN DIE CAST UP 27186 UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD HOPPER CAR -RARE-
- Mobile Suit Gundam UC Full Armor Unicorn Gundam 1 144 color-coded plastic model
- Hobby Boss 1 48 F4U-1 Corsair Early Version
- Rare 1957 Popeye Cartoon Kit
- Yonezawa Toy Diamond Pet No.A-1 Minicar
- Meerkat Movies Toy, Teddy’s, Bundle, Collectible, Used, In Very Good Condition
- VINTAGE IMC '46, '47, OR '48 FORD KIT, UNBUILT, RARE
- Lionel O Gauge 6464-325 Baltimore and Ohio Sentinel Box Car - Made in 1956 Only
- Studio27 DC607R 1 12 Ferrari 312B PART1 Original Decals 1970
- Fleischmann 828345 - Güterwagen Set Offene Güterwagen Eaos mit Schredtbeladung D
"What a stupid question!" I bet this is the natural reaction of many readers once they see the title of this article. Indeed it is a dream of any chess fan to play like Magnus Carlsen. OK, let me rephrase the original question: Should we play our openings exactly the same way Magnus Carlsen does? You would be surprised, but for the majority of chess players the answer is a resounding no! Magnus Carlsen. | Photo: Maria Emelianova/Chess.com. Whenever I attend a scholastic tournament,...
Want to get your Puzzle Rush score to a new all-time high? This video will teach you how to spot queen traps in the Puzzle Rush environment so you never miss this tactic again.
Hello my friends. Today I bring another chess gem. Garry Kasparov was 13 years old in the moment he played this against Smbat G. Lputian. There are pawns and pieces sacrifices, interceptions, deflections, important strategic maneuvers. I find this game really instructive and that's why I analyzed it, I really enjoyed this one. He played as black his favorite King's Indian Defense (KID), we can find here some typical ideas for those who play these lines. Analysis about Lputian vs Kasparov,...
The PRO Chess League Summer Series kicked off last night with Group A action as Chengdu, San Diego, Saint Louis, and San Francisco each took their first steps to qualify for the PRO Chess League Summer Series Championships this August. On opening night, fan participation proved to be key as both the San Francisco Mechanics and the Chengdu Pandas won their respective Live Club Matches, while Saint Louis' GM Varuzhan Akobian used the Arch Bishops' fan advantage to win the Knockout Battles. With...
In general, when a very strong player faces a lesser one, the result is usually easy to guess. However, once in a while the “victim” turns the tables and devours the giant. In this article I will give you six games where the little fish somehow eats the big fish. It’s up to you to see if you could have done the same. Some are difficult, but this isn’t about ego. Instead, do your best, then look at the hidden notes by clicking the “?” at the bottom of the board...
Sponsored by Chesskid, the Chess.com Junior Speed Chess Championship continues on Monday with its fourth match, between Sam Sevian of the USA and Nihal Sarin of India. Alireza Firouzja defeated José Martinez with the biggest margin in the championship so far. On Monday, we'll find out the next opponent for the Iranian rising star. You can watch Sam Sevian vs. Nihal Sarin on Monday, June 3 at 9 a.m. Pacific (18:00 CEST) with expert commentary on Chess.com/TV and Twitch.tv/chess. Born...
This month we released "Games That Changed Chess History" by IM Anna Rudolf. Rudolf is always a dedicated and vibrant presenter, and in this series, she breaks down ten important games which impacted the course of chess. It's a great introduction to some spectacular games and a valuable overview of chess. Try This Course Course Outline This course features ten distinct lessons covering hundreds of years of chess history. While the course presents a satisfying narrative when completed sequentially,...